For more than 35 years, Scottrade has been providing investors and traders with education, research and tools to help them reach their financial goals. As a result, we have experienced continued stability and steady growth, and our clients have been empowered to invest with confidence.
Scottrade's ultimate mission is to improve lives by helping people overcome barriers to financial success. We attribute our success largely to our Associates and the environment we create for them. In everything we do, our five core values are paramount: trust and integrity, individual development, teamwork, customer service and open communication.
Scottrade has a strong reputation for service and the tools we provide to traders and investors. We are currently expanding our services to allow our branches to provide guidance to our clients. Throughout 2017, our branch associates will acquire additional licensing (Series 66) and training to support this exciting new opportunity.
We are currently hiring branch associates in 3 distinct capacities:
- Investment Consultant in a branch that is currently offering guidance
- Investment Consultant in a transitioning branch that will be offering guidance by the end of 2017
- Investment Consultant Trainee that is working toward licensure
As an Investment Consultant, you will be the first touch point our clients have with our firm's mission, values and capabilities. You will spend your day learning about and understanding each client's investment needs and guiding them to solutions that best match their goals. Our current solutions are delivered through our well-known independent trading platforms, banking and advisory services. Our Guidance Branches have the additional opportunity to offer tailored advice to our clients in support of their goals and best interest.
You will be an integral part of a branch office team which includes a Branch Manager and one or more Investment Consultants. The branch network is a performance-driven environment that focuses on personal goals as well as branch and organizational initiatives. Our Investment Consultants strive for excellence and ensure that individual sales and service performance targets are met while meeting operational and compliance requirements.
Your branch team will work together to:
- Engage existing or prospective clients in needs-based dialogue to better understand their goals; discover any unstated needs; and guide them toward Scottrade products and services with the intention of ultimately building a lasting client relationship and meeting their financial needs.
- Cultivate on-going relationships with clients, prospects and internal partners through high-volume outbound and inbound calls, walk-ins, appointments and emails for asset gathering purposes.
- Using an adaptive, proactive and consultative approach, identify and follow-up on all opportunities to establish or expand relationships.
- You have a strong interest in financial markets and securities products. You're ready to be part of a dynamic, client-facing team where you can add value and share your sales experience with others.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience (required) and 1+ years of related experience in sales, financial services or brokerage industry (preferred).
- You have in-depth understanding of financial tools, basic math aptitude and the ability to communicate information to clients in a way that helps them make informed investment decisions.
- Your systems and process work is organized, accurate and you maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- You are self-motivated with a proven track record of building relationships and surpassing goals.
- Series 7 and 66 FINRA licensing required, or ability to obtain within established timeframe of assigned study program. Clean U4 securities record required.
- We will provide you with meaningful professional development opportunities.
- We will empower you to interact with clients by providing advanced tools and resources.
- A team-oriented, pay-for-performance work environment with a generous incentive bonus plan.
- Great benefits and perks: medical benefits, discretionary 401k match, tuition reimbursement, special interest rates on Scottrade Bank accounts, special events, fringe benefits and charitable contributions.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S)Clean U4 securities record required - FINRA, Series 66 required to be obtained within established timeframe of assigned study program - FINRA, Series 7 required to be obtained within established timeframe of assigned study program - FINRAScottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.-