The main purpose of this position is to match client's needs with the appropriate guidance solution and convert opportunities into closed sales.
• Engage clients/prospects in a needs based business development conversation.
• Recommend solutions to new and existing clients via phone.
• Convert branch guidance referrals into closed guidance services sales.
• Develop relationships with internal business partners to grow referrals and sales.
• Document client interaction/sales activity in CRM system.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Proficient understanding of mutual funds, ETFs and Asset Allocation/Modern Portfolio Theory basics.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate complex financial information to clients in a way that helps them make informed investment decisions.
• Strong sales knowledge with the ability to influence behaviors.
• Working knowledge of needs based sales curriculum and it's application in financial services sales.
• Ability to multitask.
• Strong relationship building skills with both clients and internal partners.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• 4+ years Financial Services/Brokerage experience required.
• 3+ year of experience in proactive Financial Services sales position required.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S)Clean U4 securities record required - FINRA, Series 66 required - FINRA, Series 7 required - FINRAScottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.-