Registered Financial Client Services Associate
For more than 35 years, Scottrade has been providing investors and traders with education, research and tools to help them reach their financial goals. As a result, we have experienced continued stability and steady growth, and our clients have been empowered to invest with confidence.
Scottrade's ultimate mission is to improve lives by helping people overcome barriers to financial success. We attribute our success largely to our Associates and the environment we create for them. In everything we do, our five core values are paramount: trust and integrity, individual development, teamwork, customer service and open communication.
Financial Service Representatives (FSRs) are an essential component of the customer service model that has consistently set Scottrade apart in the industry. Each day we receive calls from our clients who are looking to place a trade, ask a question about their account or discuss various questions and concerns surrounding their accounts and opportunities.
FSRs serve as the first line of support our retail brokerage clients each day and play a crucial role in building client loyalty by providing an amazing client experience, resolving issues in a timely manner and educating clients on the use of our trading tools and programs.
FSR Trainees are FSRs that are working toward licensure. They will have the opportunity to grow their knowledge of the financial services industry by participating in our eight week study program to earn the Series 7 and 63 as well as our five week onboarding program that will equip them to use and guide clients through our trading systems and resources.
Day to Day Activities
FSRs work in our St. Louis, MO and Denver, CO Service Center locations. These are high-energy call center environments that provide associates with the opportunity to work closely as a team, understand their individual goals and results and feel equipped to provide outstanding support to our clients.
Our goal is to provide “first contact resolution” by responding to all client contacts (phone, chat or e-mail) in a positive and empathetic way and collaborating internally to resolve complex client inquiries.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Responding to general brokerage inquiries relating to products, services, policies and procedures, including margin and options.
- Engaging clients in meaningful dialogue to identify unstated needs or financial goals and educating clients on how Scottrade products and services may meet those needs.
- Researching, educating and supporting trading for clients in a timely manner and accurately entering client trades.
- Leveraging our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to document client interactions and to inform the branch office of new asset and product opportunities that require follow up and closure.
- Partnering with Branch and Service Center specialty teams to support clients.
- If unlicensed, adhering to Scottrade's Series 7 and 63 license study time and schedule.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- There may be opportunities to earn overtime pay when we experience seasonal or market driven increases in call volumes.
- You have a strong interest in the financial services industry, a passion for customer service and the ability to provide superior service to Scottrade clients.
- You're excited to be part of a dynamic, client-facing team and are comfortable working by phone.
- You preferably have a Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- You have experience in customer service and preferably have experience in financial services and experience in a call center.
- You have the ability to work within a structured schedule and a variety of shifts.
- Your communication and interpersonal skills are exceptional and you have the ability to listen and explain complicated subjects.
- You have a collaborative and relational work style with proven success in a team environment.
- You have basic math aptitude and the ability to communicate information to clients in a way that reflects our culture and helps them feel informed and supported.
- You have the ability to navigate through 4-5 software systems simultaneously while interacting with clients.
- Your systems and process work is organized, accurate and you maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- You are proficient in the use of basic Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Series 7 and 63 licensing required, or ability to obtain within established timeframe of assigned study program - FINRA. Clean U4 securities record required.
- You are able to meet state registration requirements and become registered in necessary states in order to conduct business.
- You foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
- We will provide you with meaningful development opportunities that support your individual growth and your knowledge of the financial services industry.
- We will empower you to have meaningful interactions with clients by providing advanced tools and resources.
- A team-oriented, pay-for-performance work environment.
- Great benefits and perks: medical benefits, discretionary 401k match, tuition reimbursement, special interest rates on Scottrade Bank accounts, special events, tickets and discounts, and charitable contributions.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S)Clean U4 securities record required - FINRA, Series 63 required to be obtained within established timeframe of assigned study program - FINRA, Series 7 required to be obtained within established timeframe of assigned study program - FINRAScottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.-