Business Development Specialist - Fitchburg, WI
Position Objective: To develop and grow wholesale life insurance business for the firm.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
· Build, develop, and maintain list of prospective brokers
· Place outbound calls to prospective brokers to assess needs, determine right fit capacity with firm.
· Run quotes and illustrations for any potential cases with relationships you develop
· Underwriting shopping for complex cases
· Manage pending cases for brokers in your unit
· Enhance overall reputation of the firm
· Develop and maintain strong knowledge of carrier products and niches
Must have or obtain life and health insurance licenses within 60 days of employment.
Experience and Education:
Education or work experience in financial, insurance, or banking industry
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Commitment to above-average customer and personal service
· Computers and Electronics - Strong working knowledge of computers and agility with new software systems.
· Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products and services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
· Ability to perform complex problem solving with solutions-oriented outlook
· Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
· Strong character and commitment to excellence in your work
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and will be based upon performance and successful business development metrics.