Director, Board Program, Boston
This role provides a tremendous opportunity to be an integral part of the Board Program team within Fidelity Management & Research Company (the investment management arm of Fidelity). You will play a meaningful role in the management of Fidelity's four mutual fund boards.
The Board Program is responsible for the oversight and direction of the Fidelity businesses and investment products to provide to successfully marry the board strategy with Fidelity's overall strategy. The Board Program team works with and supports a variety of partners including Fidelity-wide business unit leaders, senior management and the Boards of Trustees for the Fidelity mutual funds.
This position will be based in Boston, Massachusetts with regular travel to our Merrimack, NH offices.
The Board Program is responsible for the successful management of content, process, communication and logistical activities as related to matters of Fidelity's four mutual fund boards. In addition to the coordination and management of the board process, the Board Program is responsible for providing oversight and direction to successfully marry the board strategy with Fidelity's overall strategy.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience; 5 years of Fidelity experience preferred
- Mutual Fund Board experience preferred
- Proven experience in high profile client engagement and relationship management
- High attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe skills
The Skills You Bring
- You possess excellent multitasking skills; ability to make appropriate choices to effectively complete all tasks within specified time frames when presented with multiple priorities
- You have effective project management skills and the ability to juggle various tasks in a dynamic environment
- You have demonstrated a real passion for quality, customer experience and efficiency
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills; Solid organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- You have the ability to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships within the team and with key partners
- You possess superior interposal skills; you are approachable, professional and responsive
- You have demonstrated experience in workflow, process and content development
- Your effective time management skills and your ability to work under deadline pressure
- You are an ambitious self-starter; you are flexible in your ability to work independently, and are a standout colleague who is an active contributor to the group's overall mission
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of management within the organization
- Strong knowledge of the Fidelity organization, the Fidelity funds, the fund industry, and fund Boards; ability to use resources across the organization to deliver on and/or improve outcomes
- Ability to translate complex discussions at Board meetings into accurate and concise minutes.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and follow-through; ability to execute seamlessly
The Value You Deliver
- Provide critical end-to-end management of Board meetings for Fidelity's four mutual fund boards.
- Assess deliverables in context of evolving board calendars and coordinate across group to ensure adherence to schedule
- Develop and maintain Board agendas. Incorporate historical practices, standard methodologies, recurring items, and current developments and strategy. Consider and develop creative and effective solutions to agenda challenges.
- Oversee prep process and lead prep meetings. Help ensure effective meetings and outcomes. Communicate Board strategy and other key messages effectively and concisely.
- Oversee delivery of Board material. Ensure standards, error-free material, timely delivery, and maintenance of online Board and Fidelity information.
- Participate in Board meetings including interaction with Fidelity executives and the Independent Trustees, decisions and communication of logistics changes, and documentation of meeting minutes.
- Oversee Board meeting logistics and execution. Ensure comprehensive pre-meeting planning and high-touch meeting management and execution.
- Draft Board meeting minutes and resolutions.
- Serve as the primary contact for internal business partners and senior executives
- Identify and communicate Board matters and decisions requiring partner concern.
- Set and lead performance expectations, deliver continuous feedback, and coach and help career development for direct reports.