Customer Service Analyst
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
As a Sr. Customer Service Analyst, you will be responsible for providing personalized and professional service to participants of over 630 Pension Plans in response to telephone and incoming inquiries or department mailings. This may include contract interpretation, follow-up to missing information, guiding participants through the benefit commencement process, interfacing with N.Y. Pension Underwriters on complex benefit calculations, etc. Works with a substantial degree of independence, exhibits good judgment and a thorough understanding of Pension Administration procedures and philosophies.
- Respond positively to participant incoming calls, written correspondence, and or e-mail inquiries providing a high level of service and quality that exceeds customer expectation.
- Process Pension quotes to provide estimates and election forms to customers
- Interpret contracts to ensure accurate quotes are provided to Participants
- Provide necessary and appropriate assistance in completion of paperwork supporting benefit commencement, both phone and mail.
- Process other participant change requests (address, EFT's, Beneficiary, Pension Elections, Death Claims, etc.) within the department standards.
- Complete the appropriate system updates to help the department keep track of incoming questions, responses to inquiries as well as outstanding issues.
- Coordinate duties and tasks by effective prioritization of responsibilities and time management.
- Challenges workflows & procedures for assisting in making enhancement recommendations in support of \"Exceptional Service\".
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 3-5 year's of insurance experience preferably with immediate or deferred annuity products.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Customer and Team Orientation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Word, Microsoft Windows.
- College Degree Preferred but not mandatory
Benefits: 24 days of paid time off annually (PTO), holiday pay, automatic 3% 401K contribution. Additional 6% company 401K match program (100% vesting from day 1), medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more....
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.