Sr Business Analyst
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Companies around the world are facing more information and cyber security threats than ever before. Attackers are using sophisticated tools, tactics, and techniques to try to break our defenses and commit cybercrimes. As the Senior Business Analyst with specialization in Cybersecurity and Fraud Prevention for the AIG, Individual Retirement (IR) and Institutional Markets (IM) business your job is to apply the right level of detail in understanding the business processes, evaluate security risks and proactively identify and document areas of security risk, interact and communicate effectively to the business areas, application teams and ensure risks are remediated in a timely manner. Maintain a plan and roadmap of all the security projects and programs for IR and IM and do all the right things to protect the company and our customers from cyber-attacks.
The AIG Individual Retirement and Institutional markets business is seeking a new team member to help us develop and execute upon a companywide information and cyber security awareness program. The Senior Business Analyst, Cybersecurity must have a passion for helping people understand the cybersecurity landscape and inspire them to act against cyber-attack. The Sr. BA will work directly and independently with the Business & IT leads, AIG Life & Retirement (BISO) Business Information Security Officer, AIG Global Cyber Defense team to build solid documentation around business processes, business risks and develop a plan that secures the Business Operations, Intellectual Property and Data assets of the Individual Retirement and Institutional Markets business.
The Sr. Business Analyst, Cybersecurity will be responsible to manage the business unit deliverables for the Cybersecurity Transformational Program and work closely with the program lead to ensure the IR & IM businesses are compliant with the program objectives.
• Good knowledge and experience working as a business analyst on cybersecurity and fraud prevention programs.
• Interact directly with Business leads, IT Application Managers, on-shore / offshore teams and evaluate deliverables and ensure requirements are captured and documented effectively.
- Interface well with business leads and Sr. management to ensure requirements are clearly understood, documented and solution design meets security requirements.
• Evaluate business process and document gaps and vulnerabilities around cyber/fraud.
- Partner with L&R BISO, AIG Cyber Security team and ensure security standards are followed, enforced and components delivered to improve security are implemented with high quality.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business leads, IT Managers and application delivery teams.
- Use analytics to identify critical security risks and recommend actions to improve. Create a metrics framework that can effectively measure employee engagement and effectiveness of the cyber security and fraud prevention program.
- Manage and document any changes/trends to cyber security scope ensuring transparency and alignment across all stakeholders
- Plan, organize, and coordinate training and awareness events periodically to ensure staff know, understand, and follow our security procedures and requirements
- Translate complex ideas and threats into awareness materials that are easily understood across different levels of the organization
- Interact regularly with the fraud operations and compliance teams to understand the areas that carry fraud risk and develop plans working with other cyber security specialists to close out those gaps.
- Manage vendors and contingent workers independently.
• 10 years or more in the role of a Senior Business Analyst, delivering complex IT programs
• 5 years or more delivering projects in the cyber security and fraud prevention space.
• 5 years managing vendors and contracts.
- Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or Software Engineering is preferred.
• Experience as Sr business analyst working on complex projects delivered in waterfall and Agile methodologies
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to a constantly changing environment
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative. Ability to translate ideas into detailed business requirements and process flows.
- Experience with the full development life cycle of an application stack - from architecture, design, development through test and deployment.
- Strong skills in SQL and proven experience working with at least one of the major databases platforms (SQLServer, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Sybase, or Postgres)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Visio and other Requirement gathering tools like HP ALM, Blueprint, CA- ARR.
- Ability to understand and model requirements in Requirement gathering tools.
- Ability to collect and analyze disparate information to develop metrics and provide detailed analysis allowing the measurement of the effectiveness of the program
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with senior management concisely and effectively.
• Articulate and bold with a friendly customer focused demeanor
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Life & Retirement, Annuities and/or Pensions business a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.