Property Underwriting Executive, West
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with Admitted Property.
Your contribution at AIG
Reporting to the Head of Admitted Property, the regional Property Underwriting Executive will be primarily responsible to execute the geographic underwriting strategy for Admitted Property. In addition the position is responsible for attracting, managing and developing a team of highly accomplished, driven colleagues.
- Responsible for building and executing on the zonal strategy for Admitted Property with overall accountability for the profitability, people management andclient/broker development within the local geographies'.
- Accountability for the delivering upon profitability through effective P&L management, underwriter driven risk selection and people management plans to ensure underwriting excellence.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure that market trends are incorporated into product development and pricing strategies.
- Facilitate resolution of significant claims issues.
- Balance a unique combination of products to create a customized solution to our clients.
- Interact with brokers to understand and balance challenging risk positions to maintain a profitable business mix.
- Proactively reflecting to the market the “One AIG” advantage.
What we are looking for
- Proven collaborative, strategic leadership skills in developing vision and purpose, driving for results and leading effective teams.
- Demonstrated excellent marketing, influencing, negotiating and communication skills.
- Proven insurance business development background.
- Talent assessment and development for bench strength and succession planning.
- Strong influencing and communications skills and ability to work across multiple areas of company and industries.
- Change management and team leadership.
- External thought leadership.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10 years insurance leadership experience, property underwriting experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Professional insurance industry designations (CPCU, ARM, etc.) preferred.
- Must hold or obtain within 3 months a property casualty insurance license.
- Understand regulatory and compliance processes.
- Must be able to forecast and budget accurately.
- Broad insurance industry experience.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution.
- Process and system skills.
- Technical underwriting experience with a broad view.
- Experience with actuarial data and underwriting modeling techniques
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.