Customer Service Rep III
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Job ID: JR1814752 Customer Service Rep III
Your Future Team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
- Analyze and process complex and non-routine Customer Service inquires received from internal and external customers.
- Resolve customer concerns effectively communicating through routine mail and/ or email inquiries.
- Interact with customers to include Legal, Consumer Affairs, other Departments within the Company and external.
- Policy Research and Premium Refunds would be included for both internal and external customers.
What we are looking for
- High school graduate or equivalent and 2 or more years of job related experience OR specialized education appropriate of the work performed.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with the other Customer Service employees as well as internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and/or handle shifting priorities internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Requires excellent attention to detail.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.