Fortitude Re Senior Payment Services Specialist
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Fortitude Life & Annuity Solutions, Inc.
Your Future Team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 (formally DSA Re) was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations .
Senior Payment Services Specialist
- Respond to complex inquiries from a variety of customers. Recognize that each customer group (agents, brokers, policyholders, internal audit/compliance) has a different level of understanding of the product and respond accordingly.
- Analyze non-routine problems and communicate effectively by telephone, letter, or email with agents, policyholders, and employees of other sections and departments.
- Process a variety of premium and file maintenance transactions to apply and reverse premiums, process mode changes, cancellations, lapses, and other transactions as relates to billing and collection.
- Research and resolve complex suspense items under assigned desk code for reconciliation purposes, report total out-of-standard suspense items weekly. Work closely with Accounting Operations team to clear all out-of-standard suspense items.
- Maintain accurate, well-documented case files.
What we are looking for
- One to two years of relevant experience in the insurance industry preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Some college preferred.
- Knowledge of AGNIS and VFLEX systems, or equivalent policy admin system experience with a willingness to learn new systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service technique.
- Ability to use sound judgment and make decisions. Must have the initiative to take responsibility for work assigned and complete it with minimal supervision.
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and AWD. Ability to learn new systems as required.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to interact with other team members, external customers, agents and management in a professional manner.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.