FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
Do you want a career learning a business the helps their customers secure their financial future? AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement business. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
As an Accounting Specialist, you will be handling premiums for numerous policyholder checks, along with research and responds to routine processing discrepancies and customer service.
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business and our clients! Help us be our client's most valued insurer.
- Completes daily premium balancing;
- Inputs and balances daily premium input;
- Completes batch adjustment requests;
- Processes daily SAP suspense entries and uploads
- Monitor Bank activity for New Business
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to analyze and research routine requested/inquiries from clients and determine appropriate action.
- Prioritizing activities, seeking the input and cooperation of others, getting approvals and tracking down information. Overtime is required at various times throughout the year
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
- Company opportunities for local charitable and community participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.