Managing Director, Head of Internal Capital
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
This position holds the management responsibility of AIG's Internal Capital program. Internal Capital (IC) is AIG's internal economic view of risk capital. As an important risk management tool IC is also a critical input to AIG's risk-based performance measurement, business planning, and disclosures. The Managing Director will oversee IC methodology, implementation, communication and program management, and owns the regular production process of Internal Capital across the global operations of AIG.
- Define and maintain the overall framework for risk quantification, aggregation, and attribution for Internal Capital
- Manage and implement IC methodology enhancements and updates
- Regular production of IC results to support risk monitoring, performance measurement and external disclosures
- Work with Technology and execute implementation plans to enhance automation and control of IC production process
- Produce Internal Capital metrics / analytics to support effective and efficient business decision making; provide business strategic and transaction risk analytics support
- Provide thought leadership to the effective application of Internal Capital metrics to strategic planning, pricing, hedging, and performance measurement
- Communicate Internal Capital methodology and results with stakeholders, including Business and Finance executives and management teams, Risk Officers, Model Risk Management, and Internal Audit
The position reports to AIG Chief Market Risk Officer. The Managing Director will act as a key liaison with Finance and Business to effectively communicate Internal Capital methodologies and results.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field; post graduate degrees preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in Financial industry required; actuarial and/or risk management experience in the insurance industry strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and in depth knowledge of financial and insurance risk modeling; experience with capital modeling, stress testing and/or scenario analysis
- A high level of self-initiative to deliver quality results and manage multiple work streams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop teams
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Effective verbal and written communication with senior executives and management
- Track record of leading and collaborating with diverse groups and managing complex models
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.