Associate Audit Manager, IT Infrastructure & Cloud Computing
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) provides independent and objective assurance, advice, and insight guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of AIG. IAG assists AIG in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of AIG's control environment including risk management, operational, financial, internal control, and governance processes.
As an Associate Audit Manager you will be part of IAG's Information Technology audit team in the Charlotte, NC office. You will collaborate with the Information Technology department, IAG and other assurance teams to:
- Partner with the business to identify and analyze the inherent risks in AIG's major initiatives related to information technology (applications, infrastructure, cloud computing and security) and the controls that management has implemented to mitigate their risks.
- Execute audits to deliver timely, high-quality, value-added assurance results in support of internal audit objectives and scope.
- Audit key technology controls for design and operating effectiveness either as part of infrastructure audits, integrated audits, or continuous monitoring.
- Assist with performing project reviews, data analysis and continuous risk assessment.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness and value of IAG by recommending and developing innovative approaches and solutions (e.g. the use of data analytics, automation, and Agile audit methodology).
IAG is seeking a highly engaged and experienced audit professional, or someone with equivalent industry experience, with strong technical and interpersonal competencies to contribute to IAG's mission of being an industry leading internal audit team and key contributor to the achievement of the firm's strategic goals. You will proactively and continuously learn, develop, and introduce improved ways of doing things, both to business stakeholders in development of solutions to problems, as well as to IAG practices, including the use of data analytics.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and emotional intelligence [EQ] (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). IAG also looks for diverse backgrounds of experience, culture and thought. You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and fellow team members.
- Participate in the risk-based planning, execution and reporting of individual technology audits, including audits of cloud and emerging technologies.
- Develop audit team work products (e.g., workpapers, memos etc.).
- Possess technical knowledge and direct audit experience with cloud computing, operating systems, databases, network, end user technology, and storage.
- Tracks and completes internal audit issue validation.
- Reviews technology stakeholders' key performance and/or risk indicators and helps to identify emerging risk drivers as part of continuous monitoring activities.
- Maintains strong relationship and partnership with technology stakeholders as well as internal audit team members.
- Contributes to overall effectiveness and value of internal audit function by recommending and developing innovative approaches and solutions, including use of data analytics.
- 4+ years of experience in audit or information technology; experience in systems development and project management a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of Cloud Technology including hands on experience using Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to function independently and multi-task in a dynamic, fast changing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of auditing applications and Infrastructure, general IT controls, and security spanning data networks, firewalls and the various operating systems, databases and middleware.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, Information Technology or Computer Science degrees preferred.
- CISA certified professional designation is expected or must be obtained within the first 12 months of hire date; CRISC, CISM, CISSP or other certifications are a plus.
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, negotiation and project management skills.
- Experience with auditing leveraging the use of data analysis tools is a plus (e.g. MS Excel tools, Access, ACL, IDEA, Qlikview, Tableau etc.)
- Experience working in the financial services/insurance industries a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.