Global Real Estate Associate - Investments & Asset Management
IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
AIG Global Real Estate has been a trusted global real estate equity investment manager of AIG and its affiliate insurance companies since 1987. For over 30 years, we have been sourcing, investing and managing a diversified real estate portfolio.
We are a recognized real estate investor and developer with an active focus on multifamily, office, retail, industrial, hospitality, senior housing, and student housing product types. We have longstanding relationships with a deep network of high-quality, institutional real estate operators and developers. We are advantaged in terms of our broad footprint with national and multinational execution capabilities. Our diverse team of professionals has extensive real estate knowledge and has executed on a full-range of investment opportunities for decades.
As an Associate, you will be assigned to various areas of the business working on a variety of projects and transactions across several asset types. Responsibilities will include:
• Financial and feasibility analysis, assisting in all phases of property acquisition or ground-up development and project financing activities. This will include feasibility studies and other research for potential investments, investment underwriting, due diligence, managing documentation, site visits and investment closings.
• Market, economic and demographic research to assist in evaluating markets for existing or potential investments.
• Due diligence, financial modeling and analysis of prospective investments.
• Preparation of written presentations to the investment committee in relation to proposed transactions.
• Participate and present in pipeline meetings, internal deal discussions, and investment committees.
• Asset management of existing portfolios of properties under construction, in lease up or stabilized.
• Preparation and update of asset reports, preparation of property valuations, business plans, market research and analysis and site visits.
• Monitoring of operating and construction budgets and lease up.
• Assist with ad-hoc/special projects as needed.
What we are looking for:
• At least three years of work experience in finance or investment. Real estate work experience is strongly preferred.
• A Masters or MBA graduate preferred but not required, with a substantial focus on real estate finance.
• Student Housing and / or Senior Housing experience preferred but not required.
• Basic understanding of all aspects of property investment, development and financing processes, including but not limited to market analysis, financial analysis including property valuation, capital markets, project budgeting and scheduling.
• Strong financial analysis and excel modeling skills.
• Works independently and self-motivated.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and abilities; demonstrating confidence in building and effectively maintaining positive relationships with clients, partners, developers and co-workers.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and Argus or equivalent. Working knowledge of PowerPoint is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Detail-oriented, organized, reliable, highly productive and efficient.
• Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.