Associate Audit Director - IT SOX
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Our world-class team is seeking individuals who would like to be a part of the foundation for building out an innovative audit team at AIG's new Charlotte office!
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) provides independent and objective assurance, advice, and insight guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of AIG. IAG assists AIG in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of AIG's control environment including risk management, operational, financial, internal control, and governance processes.
As an Associate Audit Director you will be part of IAG's Information Technology SOX audit team in the Charlotte, NC office. You will collaborate with the Information Technology department, IAG and other assurance teams to:
- Partner with the business to identify and analyze the inherent risks in AIG's major initiatives related to IT SOX (applications, infrastructure and security) and the controls that management has implemented to mitigate their risks.
- Lead the execution of IT SOX audits to ensure that audit projects and stakeholders focus on key risks and controls.
- Educate Information Technology stakeholders on the IT SOX process and work to improve the overall audit experience.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness and value of IAG by recommending and developing innovative approaches and solutions (e.g. the use of data analytics, automation, and Agile audit methodology).
IAG is seeking a highly engaged and experienced audit professional, or someone with equivalent industry experience, with strong technical and interpersonal competencies and people management skills to contribute to IAG's mission of being an industry leading internal audit team and key contributor to the achievement of the firm's strategic goals. You will proactively and continuously learn, develop, and introduce improved ways of doing things, both to business stakeholders in development of solutions to problems, as well as to IAG practices, including the use of data analytics.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and emotional intelligence [EQ] (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). IAG also looks for diverse backgrounds of experience, culture and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork. You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and fellow team members.
- Assist IAG senior management in the development and execution of a risk based IT SOX audit plan and lead the full audit lifecycle (planning, testing of controls, and issue management) for IT SOX audit engagements.
- Effectively manage a team of IT SOX audit professionals and execute, within a global team environment, all aspects of IT SOX audit activities in accordance with IAG's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards ensuring audit projects are delivered on time and staff is utilized efficiently.
- Clearly and concisely communicate IT SOX audit results or other key messages to a variety of constituents, including senior business and audit management, and regulators, and advise on emerging industry or regulatory topics/issues that may impact IT SOX audit coverage.
- Provide guidance and direction for audit staff to develop business and audit knowledge, and set clear expectations to auditors, provide timely and constructive feedback, encourage their career advancement, and set the tone by enthusiastically facilitating knowledge exchange/transfer.
- Develop and execute the IT SOX / Risk training strategy.
- Some travel may be required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of experience in IT SOX audit; experience in information technology, systems development and project management a plus.
- Supervisory / managerial experience, with strong people management skills to coach, motivate and lead a team of IT SOX audit professionals.
- Detailed knowledge of auditing applications, Infrastructure and general IT controls.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, Information Technology or Computer Science degrees preferred.
- CISA certified professional designation is expected or must be obtained within the first 12 months of hire date; CRISC, CISM, CISSP or other certifications are a plus.
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, negotiation and project management skills.
- Experience with auditing leveraging the use of data analysis tools is a plus (e.g. MS Excel tools, Access, ACL, IDEA, Qlikview, Tableau etc.)
- Experience working in the financial services/insurance industries a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.