Sr. ETL Developer
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Senior ETL Developer
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a reliable Sr. ETL Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively with limited oversight and moderate on-site training and should understand the importance of application and database integrity in terms of both efficiency and security. Our team maintains application development and ETL extract and close engagement with databases supporting team for wide range of business and application entities, providing our team with ample challenges and opportunities for success.
We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition and bonuses.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door within a growing division at AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Working as Senior Application Developer, you will review the Business requirement, design, impact analysis, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. Candidates will also ensure the accuracy, completeness and protection of data. The application developer will work closely with DBA to establish and maintain security and integrity controls, formulate and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to database management along with proposing and implementing enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Responsible for the design and development of Data warehouse application and solutions in a client/server environment, ensuring that the database, data dictionary and data requirement information is centrally controlled.
- Provides technical leadership to other application developers.
- Define and analyze data requirements for data warehouse designs.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 years experiences in PERL language with 2 years' experience developing complex PL/SQL queries.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities and communication skills.
- Experience in open data services and distributed databases.
- Knowledge of Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server databases.
- Knowledge on using Unix Shell script programming or other applicable languages.
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.