Chief Information Officer - Life and Annuity Services
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Job ID: JR1811129 Chief Information Officer - Life and Annuity Services
Your Future Team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 (formally DSA Re) was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations.
The collection and need for data will continue to grow within our organization. Increasingly, data itself, outside of applications, has tremendous value in supporting our organization's mission and activities. Data has even more value if it is readily available, easily found, and easily re-usable for new applications. As a Senior Leader, you are responsible for managing data as an asset; making information/data easier to for analysts and policy makers to quickly access and transform data into knowledge. It means lowering the cost of consuming and using data.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Define and establish the company's Life and Annuity Services data management platform
- Provides vision and strategy for all data management activities related to Fortitude Re Life and Annuity Services
- Coordinate and partner with all departments, TPA's, and third party vendors to identify, capture, and process corporate data
- Identify, implement, and leverages a range of tools to capture, transform, standardize, and publish enterprise information in a reliable and consistent manner
- Improve data quality and how data quality is measured, as well as develop data quality measures and practices
- Recruit and acquire staff in a lean organization that will require innovative and creative thinking and deliver a robust data capture and management infrastructure.
- Determine, build, and maintain a uniform and repeatable system development lifecycle methodology for data management. This includes rapid development and deployment capabilities.
- Utilize cloud based technology to scale data processing capabilities and to accommodate rapid corporate growth and dynamic business needs
- Investigate new technologies and how those tools can be used to further improve the value and benefits of an enterprise data store
- Define and deliver data analytic capabilities to improve operations efficiency and reduce costs
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university/undergraduate degree.
- MBA is also desirable but not required.
- Ten or more years of job-related experience.
- Education in Business Technology or relevant experience is required.
- Having deep knowledge of Life and/or Annuity systems, processes, and products would be required.
- Technical advance working skills in all platforms of technology: Mainframe, Client Server, Web, and/or Cloud.
- Critical that this role is filled by a professionally confident person who has ability to drive innovation and does not accept status quo.
- Proven record required providing direction, motivating and growing employees to drive high levels of performance.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.