Vice President, Validus Reserving
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
The candidate will be responsible for reviewing and challenging the loss reserving and related financial reporting processes for AIG's Western World, Validus Specialty and other portfolios as well as helping to coordinate the Validus Re and Talbott reserve entries into the corporate financial reporting processes.
1. Manage the quarterly and annual reserving review processes for Western World and Validus Specialty business as part of AIG governance processes.
2. Help communicate results to senior management and help influence the business unit strategies
3. Help oversee quality control initiatives, including peer review analysis and process management for other books of business.
4. Work closely with actuarial, finance, and business unit management to develop monitoring and reporting tools for loss reserves and current year loss ratios
Key Measuring Parameters
1. Strong managerial skills including the ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects and team members.
2. Deliver high-quality work products and drive continuous improvement in methods and processes
3. Driving project completion in a timely manner and with high quality.
4. Continued professional development, e.g. expanding actuarial knowledge and sharpening managerial skills.
Ideal Candidate Specification
1. 15 years or more of actuarial experience in the Property/Casualty industry
2. Associate or Fellow of Casualty Actuary Society or Institute of Actuaries.
3. Strong managerial skills, including experience managing large teams and complex processes
4. Solid executive presence, including ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders
5. Strong knowledge and experience with complex Property/Casualty business
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills
7. Good interpersonal skills, strong sense of responsibility, and ability to work with limited supervision.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.