FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 (formally DSA Re) was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities.
The Investments Controller is responsible for the review and compilation of monthly and quarterly investment data for Fortitude Re which includes analysis of net investment income, realized gains and losses, investment yields, investment balances by asset class, etc. The ideal candidate must have investment reporting experience in the life or property casualty insurance industry. This position requires the business and financial acumen to handle complex situations, balance multiple responsibilities and influence key stakeholders including executive finance management and Chief Investment Officer.
- Detailed review and compilation of investments data supporting reinsurance funds withheld accounts for both life and property casualty insurance.
- Review and compile investments data including preparing / posting general ledger entries for investment activity.
- Provide detailed investments data for Economic Balance Sheet calculation.
- Establish controls over investments data received from ceding companies and asset managers.
- Complete investment yield analysis and establish related performance metrics.
- Assist in preparation of audited financial statements including footnotes.
- 5-10 years of accounting experience with an insurance company or public accounting firm.
- Professional accounting designation - CPA preferred.
- Investments reporting experience.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply GAAP and STAT accounting principles.
- Experience with Life, Annuities and Property Casualty lines of business highly desired.
- Proven track record for exceeding expectations on various, simultaneous projects with tight deadlines.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal formats.
- Review forecasts and trends and identify potential issues and opportunities.
- Participate in the development of a robust management reporting process and infrastructure to support a multitude of business leaders.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision purposes.
- Provide leadership in creation, implementation, and communication of financial and operational information to key stakeholders.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.