AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
Actuarial professionals with expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, loss reserving, and risk quantification are integral to AIG's success. We have dedicated Finance Actuaries that play a critical role in assessing the reserve need and thereby ensuring strong financial condition of AIG's insurance operating companies around the world. Our Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries focus on directly supporting AIG's businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, performance monitoring and measurement, as well as assessment of reinsurance needs. This team also works with marketing, operations, and financial management to achieve AIG's business objectives.
As an assistant actuary you are responsible for assisting/performing group retirement RS/VP pricing bids for new business opportunities, renewals and group annuity conversions as required
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Assist/Create pricing models and pricing summaries for senior management to accompany each bid
- Perform peer review on pricing bids produced by other team members as needed
- Communicate with field, RFP team and bid unit to obtain necessary information to produce bids and support bid proposals
- Produce gross pricing reviews and support fund exchange requests
- Support senior management on any ad-hoc requests
What we are looking for
- B.S. in actuarial, mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- ASA designation
- Experience working for insurance companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pricing Experience
- Strong Excel skills, Access Database, Visual Basic
- Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, Group Retirement administration experience
- Experience with modeling software is a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.