Manager, Information Technology, Internal Audit
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Our world-class team is seeking individuals who would like to be a part of the foundation for building out an innovative audit team at AIG's new Charlotte office !
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) provides independent and objective assurance, advice, and insight guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of AIG. IAG assists AIG in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of AIG's control environment including risk management, operational, financial, internal control, and governance processes.
As a Manager you will be part of IAG's Information Technology (IT) Audit Resource Community (ARC) in the Charlotte, North Carolina office. As a member of the ARC you will have an exciting opportunity to learn about AIG's products and services and enhance your knowledge and skillsets as you participate in audit projects across multiple businesses and functions including General Insurance, Life & Retirement, and Corporate Functions such as Enterprise Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Investments, and Legal, Compliance and Regulatory.
You will collaborate with AIG business area and functional stakeholders, IAG and other assurance teams to:
- Identify and analyze the inherent risks in of the applications and supporting infrastructure of AIG's businesses and the controls that management has implemented to mitigate their risks
- Assist in the development of individual audits to ensure that audit projects and stakeholders focus on key risks and controls
- Participate in developing and executing a risk based audit plan, which includes planning, designing and executing testing of controls, drafting of issues, and follow-up and verification of issues closure in accordance with IAG's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards for audit engagements
IAG is seeking candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about and committed to AIG to contribute to IAG's mission of being an industry leading internal audit team and key contributor to the achievement of the firm's strategic goals. We are looking for candidates that are proactive, continuously learn and introduce improved ways of doing things, both to business stakeholders in development of solutions to problems, IAG processes, including the use of data analytics.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and emotional intelligence [EQ] (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). IAG also looks for diverse backgrounds of experience, culture and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork. You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and fellow team members.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assist IAG senior management with audit planning, with proper balance of audit coverage considering the business unit risk profile and other external and internal considerations, and determine staffing/resource requirements
- Test controls to ensure they are working as designed by reviewing documentation, meeting with management to discuss the business processes, and observing general business operations
- Perform data analysis to identify anomalies or issues in the testing of controls, partnering with the IAG data analytics team
- Identify the root cause for control deficiencies and evaluate management action responses to address the root cause
- Draft identified issues, audit reports, process narratives and other documents to assist audit team with reporting to the stakeholders
- Clearly and concisely communicate issue observations, audit results, or other key messages as needed to a variety of constituents, including senior business and audit management, both verbally and through written audit reports
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and seek out ways to improve efficiencies in the IAG process
- Accountable for meeting deliverables, quality assurance and methodology standards, including providing real-time feedback
- Continually seek to learn through asking questions, getting exposure to new opportunities and training sessions
- Provide guidance and direction for junior staff to develop business and audit knowledge and facilitate knowledge exchange/transfer
- Some travel may be required, up to 25%
- 3-6 years of relevant industry experience and/or general audit experience, including managing others
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, Computer Science or Information Systems degree preferred
- A certified professional designation (e.g. CIA, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CPA) is preferred
- Experience in application and infrastructure auditing operating systems (e.g., Windows, AIX/Linux, Mainframe) and database (e.g., Oracle, SQL, DB2) technologies as well as key ITIL processes. Programming knowledge is a plus
- Solid foundational knowledge of auditing and/or insurance business processes, including the relevance of key applicable laws and regulations
- Proactive approach to learning the insurance industry and related functions and products
- Ability to identify and evaluate key risks and controls across different business processes
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with and provide constructive feedback to stakeholders, colleagues and staff auditors
- Effective time management skills; coordinate and prioritize competing initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Exhibit professional skepticism and curiosity
- Team player mentality; holds self-accountable for the success of the team
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with leveraging the use of data analysis tools is a plus (e.g. MS Excel tools, Access, ACL, IDEA, Qlikview, Tableau etc.)
- Experience working in the financial services/insurance industries a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.